Sunday 27 August 2017

Pretty Filthy Lies (Pretty Broken #2) by Jeana E.Mann

27813818

From Goodreads

Sometimes the worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves...

Ten years ago, I did a terrible thing. I sold my self-respect, my marriage, and my chances for happiness. What was the going rate for these intangible things? For me, it was a check in the sum of one million dollars and a get-out-of-jail-free card for my delinquent brother. A decade later, I’m broken, unemployed, and still single. My baby brother is back in jail. The million dollars is gone.

My ex-husband wants to trust me again, but the thing is…how can he trust me when neither of us can forget all the pretty, filthy lies of our past? 

This is the conclusion of Pretty Broken Girl and the second book of five in the Pretty Broken Series. It contains hot sex, adult language, and adult situations.

My thoughts

I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one, the second in the Pretty Broken series. This story is the second part of Dakota and Samuel's stories and attempts to bring a conclusion to it.  I gave this a 4 stars or 8/10.

It was a joy to pick up and read, several books over the years have had that effect on me and this series is doing the same. I read this story in just over a day. I was that entranced by it, that I wanted to know how Dakota and Samuel's relationship was going to survive or come to an end.

As things that have happened in the past to both of them and all the lies that have been told come back to haunt them. Can they both learn to forgive one another and move on? With members of the family on both sides appearing to conspire against them, only they can decide what they have to do for the best for both of them.

Another great read and I already had the third in the series lined up to read after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment