Wednesday 26 July 2017

First a Dream (Dreams Come True, #1) by Nicole Andrews Moore and Emma Nichols

28493021

From Goodreads

Her life had never been a fairy tale. Adopted at birth, Isabella never felt like she fit in. All she ever wanted was a happy family and a love of her own. When she suddenly became a single mother of two, her life changed for the worst until she ran into a handsome stranger.

A billionaire playboy, Gabriel had lived a charmed life. Never one to settle down, he didn’t understand why he was drawn to this woman he knew his father would never accept. Still, one date leads to another and suddenly he had the life he never knew he always wanted. 

Together, their life was perfect, until the lies were exposed. Then, their happily ever after couldn’t be further away.

My thoughts

I got this as a freebie via BookBub through Amazon, it was part of the Boxed set (Dreams Come True #1~#3). However, I'm reviewing them as separate books. I gave this a 2 stars or 4/10.

This was a very gentle romance that centred on Isabella, a mother of two young children and Gabriel a wealthy businessman. Whilst, a lot happens within a short period of time the relationship between the two main characters seemed a little too good to be true. The story in general lacked a little depth to be honest and the character development was rather rushed.

Saying that though, the story is pure escapism as it doesn't take much in the way of concentration. Although, I did have one niggle chapter 18 and 19 appear to be the wrong way round in my opinion. I would've contacted the publisher but I couldn't see who that was, so I've tweeted Nicole Andrews Moore about it, as she appears to be the Author although Emma Nichols is also credited.

This is the first in a trilogy, I feel that it could be read as standalone as the other feature other main characters with some characters in common in all three stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment